This bowl brings together nutritious, plant-based ingredients in all of the colors of the rainbow to provide a rich palette of nutritional benefits and a joyful, vibrant celebration of diversity. The rainbow so beautifully symbolizes the movement and its connection to nature and sexuality, while reflecting the diverse and vibrant makeup of the LGBTQIA+ community.
This Superfood Rainbow Bowl is vibrant like the Pride flag, as well as heart healthy and healing. Eat this meal outside after doing our Self-Centered Wellness meditation, and let us know how you are like your #rainbowl by tagging us and following along on @MyJihi.
Rainbow Salad Bowls
Vegan (w/o feta cheese), Gluten-Free
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 TSP finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 TSP finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP cilantro, finely chopped
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 TSP cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice, warmed
- 1 (14 OZ can) Chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 TSP ground turmeric
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar. Shake well to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine chickpeas and ground turmeric.
- Season all prepped vegetables with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Divide the brown rice evenly between four bowls. Top evenly with a row of red bell pepper, shredded carrots, chickpeas, edamame, and red cabbage. Top with feta, if desired.
- Serve with lime wedges.