Nothing says "spring has arrived" like a delicious mediterranean-inspired garden salad topped with edible flowers. Edible flowers are an easy way to bring out the magic in an otherwise simple meal, and to bring out the joy in bright, nature-inspired, vitamin-rich meals.
This salad is portioned for 6, making it perfect for a dinner party on the patio. Pair with our Rosemary Elderflower Spritz or a juicy Blackberry Mule Mocktail for a truly unforgettable summer spread.
Garden Salad with Edible Flowers Recipe
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 1/2 oz tender baby salad greens (about 12 cups)
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 package (50-count) edible flowers (we like a variety mix, but you can use your favorite edible flowers, any kind will work!)
- Add vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, and honey to a small bowl, whisk to combine
- Continue whisking while slowly adding in the oil to emulsify
- Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together onion and salad greens
- Add the dressing to the bottom of your serving bowl
- Top with tossed greens and onions
- Plate, top with flowers and serve
Serving Tip: We recommend tossing the salad together tableside, or serve the dressing on the side for guests to drizzle themselves.
Do not pour dressing over baby greens and try to toss them before serving. The leaves are delicate and will wilt and stick together if they sit in the dressing too long. Serve dressing on the side for guests to drizzle over their own salads, or put the dressing on the bottom of the bowl and toss tableside.
Only use the blossoms of the edible flowers. Leaves and stems may not be edible.
This petal-topped garden salad was inspired by our Petal Milk face serum. This beautiful milk serum is filled with rich botanicals like aloe, camellia seed, and rose. With full spectrum hemp extract, this serum balances oil glands, supporting acne-free, deeply hydrated skin.
- Clean ingredients support happy hormones
- Perfect for sensitive and acne prone skin
- Brings a tightening glow to skin of all ages
Ready to #spreadjoy? Try Petal Milk today 🌸
Perfect for Sensitive Skin
I am beyond obsessed with this serum! My skin has become so sensitive over the last few years. I've tried dozens of products and Petal Milk is the first that's truly worked. My skin feels calmer and more hydrated. It's also helped with any small breakouts I get here or there. I love how lightweight the serum is, and it smells great! Petal Milk has definitely become a required step in my skincare routine, I'm hooked!
Kinsey, Mar 22, 2021