Finding the perfect balance of health and flavor is no easy task – but we've got you covered with our 100,000,000 Berries Chia Seed Pudding. Bursting with color and taste, this protein-packed dessert is easy to make and will leave your taste buds craving more. Time to grab some berries and chia seeds!
Why Chia Seeds?
Chia seeds are a nutrient-rich staple that will keep you satisfied and energized for hours. They're rich in protein, antioxidants, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to support heart health, strengthen bones, and assist in blood sugar management.
Chia seeds also play a role in improving digestive function by promoting the growth of "good" gut bacteria. Their high fiber content likely contributes to relieving constipation. Furthermore, chia seeds' nutrient-dense profile can help reduce free radicals, lower blood sugar, and support bone health.
The Magic of Chia Seed Pudding
Chia seed pudding is such a fabulous addition to your weekday routines because it’s easy to prepare ahead of time. Simply stir up the chia pudding mix and prepare your fruit the night before, and you’ll be ready to serve up a delicious parfait when you’re groggy eyed the next morning.
100 Million Berries Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Passive Time: 2 hours (up to overnight)
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Fresh berries
- In a medium bowl, stir together chia seeds, coconut milk, and honey or maple syrup until combined. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours, up to overnight (longer is better - if you can prepare the night before, that’s what we’d recommend).
- Add berries for the compote to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the berries break down and bubble, then stir in lime juice and honey or maple syrup. Use a fork to mash up any berries that are still whole. Remove from heat and cool completely (place in a bowl in the freezer to speed up the process).
- Fill 4 bowls or glasses with equal amounts of the berry compote. Top with equal amounts of the chia seed pudding. Garnish with fresh berries and serve.
This decadent, fruity chia seed pudding is a treat for the eyes and the taste buds; it promises both indulgence and health in every bite. Whip up this dessert for your next gathering or make it ahead for dessert or breakfast on the go – you won't be disappointed!
Inspiration for 100 Million Berries
Our 100 Million Berries parfait was inspired by One Piece, a Japanese manga series that has been converted into a Netflix series. One Piece tells the story of a young optimistic pirate, Monkey D. Luffy, who sets off on an adventure with his pirate crew in hope of finding the greatest treasure ever, known as the “One Piece.”
Although small and young, Monkey is determined to find the “One Piece” and become king of the pirates with his band of misfits. We hope this breakfast powers you to sail the seas and become the king of the pirates! We know you can do it.
Want more chia seed pudding recipes?
We've got you covered. These delicious, vegan-friendly, gluten-free, make-ahead breakfast treats are great to have on hand for easy, vitamin-rich breakfasts and desserts. For more, check out our nutrient-packed Coconut Matcha Chia Seed Pudding recipe (pictured above) or our Pomegranate Raspberry Chia Seed Pudding recipe.