Cruelty-free and plant-based, these decadent raspberry rose pastries are the perfect way to treat yourself while being compassionate with yourself and the earth around you. Gluten-free and dairy-free, this nourishing dessert will leave you feeling your best.
Simple to make and perfectly portioned, each batch of this delicious vegan tart recipe will make 4 individually-sized gluten-free raspberry rose tarts.
Raspberry Rose Tarts Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Passive Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 5 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 2 TSP rose water
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 TBSP + 2 TSP cornstarch
- Garnish: fresh raspberries, dried rose petals
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add oats and almonds. Pulse until the almonds are broken down into crumbs. Add oil and syrup, then process until the mixture comes together. Press the mixture into the bottom of 4-inch to 5-inch tart pans, making sure to press it up the sides slightly.*
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Let sit for 10 minutes, then gently remove from the tart pans to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the tart shells are baking, add raspberries and sugar to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until the raspberries become soft and break down. Mash the mixture with the back of a fork until the mixture is smooth. Pour the raspberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer, pushing as much of the liquid through as possible.
- Return the liquid to a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in rose water, lemon juice, and coconut cream until combined. Whisk in cornstarch until combined and there are no lumps. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until very thick, about 5 to 8 minutes. Pour the curd in the cooled tart shells and place in the refrigerator until fully cooled.
- Top with fresh raspberries and dried rose petals, as desired. Serve.
*Note: you can make this into one large 12-inch tart if you prefer.
Try a Petal Milk face massage to relax, ground and glow. A fan favorite, our cruelty-free Petal Milk face serum will leave skin soft, supple and glowing. Non-greasy, Petal Milk combines that power of topical CBD with hyaluronic acid, Vitamins B3 + C, and natural oils to nourish and regenerate skin.