This delicious, gluten-free Rainbow Salad Bowl brings together nutritious, plant-based ingredients in all of the colors of the rainbow to provide a rich palette of nutritional benefits and a joyful, vibrant celebration of diversity.
This superfood-rich Rainbow Salad Bowl is vibrant like the Pride flag, as well as heart healthy, nourishing and satisfying. Top with feta cheese, or leave off to keep it vegan.
Rainbow Salad Bowl Recipe
Vegan (w/o feta cheese), Gluten-Free
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Rainbow Salad Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice, warmed
- 1 (14 oz can) Chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Lime wedges
Rainbow Salad Recipe Instructions:
- Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar. Shake well to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine chickpeas and ground turmeric.
- Season all prepped vegetables with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Divide the brown rice evenly between four bowls. Top evenly with a row of red bell pepper, shredded carrots, chickpeas, edamame, and red cabbage. Top with feta, if desired.
- Serve Rainbow Salad Bowl with lime wedges and enjoy!