No-Bake Nutella Cake
Celebrate in Style with this Decadent & Nourishing No-Bake Nutella Cake
Decadent and simple to make, this vegan, no-bake gluten-free cake features whole, simple foods in a body nourishing, delicious package.
Made with cocoa, hazelnut and naturally sweetened with dates, this crowd-pleaser is an elegant addition to any celebration. To make this a perfect dessert, serve right after a night full of laughter with those you love most.
No-Bake Nutella Cake Recipe
Vegan, Gluten Free
Makes: 6 - 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes (freezer), 1 - 2 hours (fridge)
Total Time: 60 minutes - 2 hours 30 minutes
No-Bake Nutella Cake
- 1 1/2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 cups cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 24 oz Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 sp pure vanilla extract
Homemade Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter
- 1 TSP pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 - 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or soy milk)
- Kosher/flaky salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat
- Add hazelnuts to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 - 15 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant. Let the nuts cool slightly.
- Once warm enough to handle, add hazelnuts to a clean kitchen town and place in a bowl. Rub vigorously to remove the skins from the hazelnuts. There will be some of the skins leftover, which is ok!
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, making sure that the ends hang over the edges to create a sling. You can also use an 8x8 inch pan.
- Add hazelnuts to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until finely ground, but do not overblend to create nut butter.
- Add almond flour, dates, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla. Process until you have a sticky dough.
- Transfer dough to the lined loaf pan. Use your hands or a spatula to press it into the pan until flat and firm. Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes to set (or in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours).
- While the cake is chilling, make the frosting.
- Beat dairy-free butter and vanilla extract for the frosting in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until fluffy, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, and milk. Beat until smooth and fluffy, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- If the frosting is too thick - add more milk 1 TBSP at a time until the desired consistency.
- If the frosting is too thin - add more powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time, up to 1/2 cup max, until the desired consistency.
- Remove and plate the chilled cake. Frost as desired and sprinkle with coarse flaky salt.
This cake will last in the fridge for up to 2 - 3 days in an airtight container. The unfrosted cake can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Ready to make it the perfect party?
Celebrate the season hangover-free with our hot toddy or sparkling apple cinnamon mocktail.