Topical CBD is rising as a natural remedy for athletic injuries. Topical CBD derived from U.S. grown hemp is legal under the 2018 Farm Bill, and no matter the dose, it's non-intoxicating. In fact, a balm like Merrimint is THC-free to ensure athletes never have to worry about lighting up a drug test.
CBD topicals like Jihi's Merrimint body balm can target pain and inflammation by allowing the cannabinoids to penetrate the skin and affect localized endocannabinoid receptors. If you'd like to learn more about how topical cannabinoids work with the skin's endocannabinoid system, click here.
Merrimint's high-end, proprietary, synergistic formulation is designed to treat inflammation with a rich botanical formulation that is infused with cooling menthol, mints, and naturally pain-relieving arnica. Integrating Merrimint into your pre- and post-workout routines will enhance mobility and comfort while preventing and treating injuries and inflammation.
Common athletic injuries that can be treated with Merrimint Body Balm include:
- Shoulder pain - rotator cuff injuries are common for tennis players, swimmers and baseball players. The rotator cuff keeps the shoulder blade stable, and in sports that use the shoulder repeatedly, the rotator cuff can become prone to injury and inflammation. Rubbing Merrimint's CBD-infused body balm into shoulders a couple times a day is a great way to increase mobility, prevent injury and speed recovery.
- Achilles tendon injuries - the achilles tendon connects the calf muscle to the heel. As the largest tendon in the body, extensive running and overuse make it very prone to injuries. Stretching and keeping it lubricated with Merrimint body balm will help maintain injury-free mobility and enhanced performance.
- Tennis elbow - tennis elbow develops over time due to the repetitive nature of tennis swings. Using Merrimint on elbows before and after tennis will not only keep dry elbows hydrated and comfortable, it will help prevent injury and speed recovery.
- Ankle Sprains - ankle sprains are common for many athletes, including basketball and tennis players. Applying Merrimint balm liberally to the ankle several times per day can help prevent injury as well as help relieve pain and inflammation.
- Runner's Knee - runner's knee is a repetitive-motion injury commonly seen in biking and running, where the area just below the kneecap gets swollen. Try rubbing Merrimint balm into the knee and surrounding areas before and after exercise to maintain flexibility and mobility, as well as to decrease pain and swelling.