Golden hour--the time of early evening when the light leaks just perfectly through the trees and the day shifts effortlessly into night. It was from these moments that our latest mocktail was dreamed up on the coast of California, where days are still hitting triple digit temperatures before shrugging the heat off and slipping into cooler nights. As we shift into September and begin our #Unwined reset, we found ourselves tapping into these subtle changes of the seasons to set the tone for our shift back into self-care.
Drawing on inspiration from the ingredients found in our Reverie Evening Tincture, the Golden Hour mocktail is the perfect companion for cooling down and #unwineding on these late summer evenings.
For an added Jihi vibe moment, enjoy your mocktail while listening to Kacey Musgraves Golden Hour on repeat.
Golden Hour Mocktail
Chamomile Simple Syrup
- 8 OZ strong brewed chamomile tea (3 - 4 tea bags steeped)
- 8 OZ honey
- Juice of 4 oranges or 4 OZ of orange juice
- 1 TBSP chamomile honey simple syrup
- 8 OZ sparkling water
- 7 - 10 large mint leaves
- 2 ML Reverie evening tincture
- Garnish: mint leaves, orange peel, chamomile petals
Chamomile Honey Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan, bring one cup of water to a boil. Add 3 - 4 tea bags and steep for 10 minutes.
- Add one cup of honey to the tea and bring to a boil.
- Reduce honey and tea mixture on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a glass or dispenser to cool.
- Place ice to taste in two small glasses.
- In a small bowl, muddle together mint leaves and orange juice until well combined.
- Strain 2 OZ of muddled mint and orange juice over ice.
- Add 1 TBSP* of chamomile honey simple syrup and 1 ML of Reverie Evening tincture to orange and mint mixture and stir.(*Can be increased to taste)
- Top glass with 4 OZ of sparkling water, garnish with mint leaves, orange peel, or chamomile petals.
- #Unwined and enjoy!
About Jihi’s Reverie Evening Herbal Supplement
The Reverie evening herbal supplement is a beautiful blend of herbs and broad spectrum CBD, with a dash of melatonin. It’s a clear, sweet, light orange tincture that tastes great alone or added to a favorite drink. Taken an hour or two before bed, Reverie will help you naturally relax, unwind and prepare for a great night of sleep. Taken over time, Reverie works from the inside out to help recalibrate sleep patterns and deep, restful sleep.
Many have found that replacing alcohol with Reverie is a great way to reset evening rituals in a way that’s better for your body (and great for your sleep). Want to track your dosage and the effects on you? Feel free to download the free Bullet Journal for Sleep + Energy.
Ready to try some Reverie? Shop Now