We all know how challenging it is to find the time in our busy schedules to make meals that are healthy, satisfying and quick. This creamy and delicious Kale Caesar Salad is the perfect addition to your lunch routine; it's simple to put together, and full of vitamins, minerals, and protein. Plus, you'll probably have most of the ingredients already on hand.
Taking your lunch hour (and not powering through it) is a great way to refill your tank for a focused and productive second half to your day. With this salad being a breeze to make, you will have extra time to add some extra self-care with our Drop the Day Meditation. Take a moment to ground, breathe and release the morning, so you’re ready to take on whatever challenges your afternoon may bring.
Kale Caesar Salad
Prep Time: 24 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
- 2/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise or greek yogurt
- 6 anchovy filets
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced (about 1 TSP)
- 1 1/2 OZ Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 TSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound (about 2 bunches) Tuscan or curly kale, tough stems removed, leaves roughly chopped (about 4 quarts loosely packed leaves)
- 3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small or 1/2 medium white onion
- 6 slices crusty bread, toasted
- Add kale to a large bowl with 3 TBSP olive oil. Massage kale well, kneading with your hands to help break down the tougher pieces. Set aside while you make the eggs.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Carefully lower eggs into water one at a time. Cook for 6 ½ minutes, adjust heat to maintain a gentle boil. Remove eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill until you can easily handle them. Gently crack the eggs all over and peel.
- While the eggs are cooking, add ingredients for the dressing to a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add dressing to a large bowl with kale and onion. Toss until everything is coated well.
- Slice eggs in half and place on top of salad. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Serve with toasted bread slices.